Happy Monday, Turkeys! Hope you guys had a great weekend full of green bean casserole-induced food comas and a lot of tree trimming. Now that the holidays are in full swing, we’re bringing a new GIFT GUIDE every day this week, and kicking off today with both of ours! So Mom, Dad, Tim & Santa: these are a few of our faaaavorite things! Readers: hope you love some of our picks, too!
1 – Gigi New York Uber Clutch in Black Embossed Python, $145. I don’t know what I love more about this – the tassel, the embossed leather, or the size of this bad boy (13″ x 9″). It’s beyond perfect, and it’s in the top slot for a reason. #numberonepick
2 – Dior Crème de Rose Smoothing Plumping Lip Balm, $27. Twenty seven dollars for lip balm is straight cray; I know. Or rather, knew, until I dabbed by ring finger in the pot at Sephora and tried it on. It is bliss – and incredibly flattering on. Otherwise, here’s my favorite budget-friendly lip gloss. Either would be great stocking stuffers.
3 – Sole Society Deco Statement Necklace, $39.95 $27.97. Heavens. What a stunner. The ballet slipper pink/emerald/seafoam color combo is great. PS, fellas – dingdingdingdingding! – this is a good one for your lady.
4 – Everlane Slouchy Cashmere Tunic, $155. This sweater makes me want to throw on comfy leggings, pop popcorn and curl up for movie night in.
5 – Fendi Blue Patchwork Sunglasses, 260 GPB. Did I say I didn’t want anything on this list? …I lied. These are FAN-freakingtastic. I stumbled across them on Helena’s blog a week or so ago and about fell over.
6 – Crème de la Crème tee, $38. I’ve been eyeballing the Zoe Karssen $85 version of this forever, but I can never bring myself to spend $85 on a t-shirt, and it’s also almost always out of stock. I know this bad boy’s been around the block for years, but je don’t care & je l’adore toujours. (Can you tell I minored in French? #fancy #franglaisorbust)
7 – Kate Spade 2015 17-month Large Agenda in Green Painterly Cheetah, $36. All the tech-y calendars and apps that keep me organized are great & all, but there’s just something charming about doing things the old fashioned way. Plus, this would just make me happy to pull out of my bag every morning. Note: I just saw this sell out on Kate Spade, but you can also find it here.
8 – JaxKelly Gold Dipped Turquoise Earrings from Pigment, $28. I will ogle over flashy chandelier earrings all day long, but you know what I end up in every day? Some version of denim, a white blouse and pearl stud earrings. These little turquoise ditties punch up the pearls a notch or five.
9 – Lafco Pool House candle from Bixby & Ball, $60. Pool House is a the scent I make a point to take a long, luxurious sniff of whenever I’m at Bixby & Ball, but Betsy Bracken (one of the shop’s owners who – people of Muncie, holla! – is from our beloved hometown) introduced me to Kai’s Reed Diffuser ($78) earlier today, and I *might* have a new favorite. Tuberose, Gardenia, Lily & Jasmine… Betsy said it smells just like Hawaii… I don’t know what it smells like, but it. is. wonderful. PS: Everything is 20% off today with code CYBERMON (!)
10 – Burning for You matches from Paper Luxe, $11. Cheeky, adorable and a great pop of color for your coffee table! I ran across them at Solo on Cedros today, but you can’t purchase from their website, so I pimped you out to Paper Luxe – who I wasn’t familiar with, but they have some great stuff, so do yourself a favor and snoop around.
11 – Vintage Brass Monogram Ring from Bixby & Ball, call for pricing. Everything is 20% off today with code CYBERMON! This one (on my ring finger) isn’t online, but you can call (858.436.7214) and order it, have it monogrammed and they’ll ship it to you easy peasy. As with the bit about jeans & white tees & pearls, I lean towards classic, timeless, everyday pieces when it comes to jewelry, and this I love. I first spied this on Kristin’s right hand (girlfriend has the best and most perfectly curated jewelry collection of anyone I know) ut hers has a “P” on it. For her hubby’s name. How sweet is that??
12 – Everyone’s a Dumb Whore cross stitch from Furbish, $48. (Cyber Monday: 20% off of orders of $75 or more with code HOLLADAY). I feel like I’m already getting a look of disapproval long-distance style from Jayne, but every time I read this I cackle out loud. Karrie actually posted about Subversive Cross Stitch 3 years ago and has one of these in her bathroom that says “Home Sweet F*cking Home.” Bwhahahaha. If you have time to DIY, pop over to Subversive’s site.
13 – Aloha Splash-Proof Pouches, $24-32. I need one of these splash-proof, Tyvek-coated pouches for beach days and yoga days… cuz otherwise what am I gonna do with my sopping wet gym clothes or my wet bathing suit? Not that the plastic Piggly Wiggly bag in the bottom of my other bag isn’t always a fun solution – or just letting ’em soak & stank up everything else they touch. The small version would also make a great makeup bag.
14 – Charlotte Olympia Kitty Velvet Flats in Black, $495. I should be smacked for putting $500 kitty cat flats on a gift list, but c’mon. They’re seriously adorable. Image credit: Sincerely Jules
That’s all I got! Wait I totally lied. This peel is amazing. Ok now I’m done… Until Wednesday (Gift Guide #2 for Guys), Thursday (Gift Guide #3 for the Gourmand), and Friday (Gift Guide #4 for Gals)!
FOR STEPH’S PREVIOUS YEARS’ PICKS: 2013 | 2012 | 2010
It’s hard to believe it’s been another year since last Christmas, it really is. And that it’s been approximately 30+ years since that photo was taken above. GAH. This year it took me a while to think about the things I’ve been lusting after for my Dear Santa list… and I think that’s cause, like Steph wrote last year, I don’t need anything, really. I’m truly grateful for all that I have, right now. But hey – I’m a bloggess – and what does a bloggess do around Xmastime? She makes a freaking Santa List. Here goes – some of the things I’m asking St. Nick to deliver to me, thank YOU.
1. A buncha versatile, all-sorts-of-fun shoes (clockwise from top left): J Slides Slip On Sneakers – How cute are these?! I can see these with some black ripped – or boyfriend – jeans | Black Patent Leather Oxfords from Clark’s – so shiny, so versatile | Steve Madden Caveat – F Boots are biker chic; love em | NikeWomen’s Free Flyknit 4.0 Running Shoes are lightweight and totally cute enough to wear with regular ol’ street clothes.
2. The Courtney Bib from BaubleBar: Repeat Offender Alert. Yup, this bib necklace was on my Dear Santa list from last year, but I must’ve been a bad gal, cause Santy neglected to drop it off in my stocking. So I’m asking for it again!
3. Ina Garten: Make It Ahead: The newest collection of recipes from my perennial homegirl, Ms. Ina Garten, which are curated to be made ahead of time. Because we’re all busy these days, and that includes Ina, who in my mind is hunkered down in her Hamptons home making roast chicken and a perfect martini for Jeffrey:
4. BaubleBar ear jackets: I am LOVING the latest trend of ear jackets. Super edgy yet classy at the same time – available here and here:
5. A couple inexpensive, cozy cardigans!: Left: Black Long Sleeve Front Zip Cardigan – Only $29! | Right: Graduated Colorblock Cardigan – Only $24!
6. Smartphone Photo Cube Printer: Am I the only one a little sad that Facebook and Insta have all but made printed out photos obsolete??? Ok, so enter this cute little gadget, which is compatible with all portable devices and prints out photos in three sizes.
7. These sets of pillows from Furbish: How downright droolworthy are these, available here and here:
8. Michael Kors Slim Runway watch: Sleek, masculine, and glam all at once.
9. Entertainment Weekly subscription – You guys. Do you love pop culture like I do? Movies and TV and books and celeb gossip and everything in between? I am a bit of a pop culture whore, and for that reason, Entertainment Weekly is the best mag to read. It’s chalk full of juicy up to date morsels of pop culture goodness.
“We’re gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny f—ing Kaye.” – Clark Griswold
Here’s to a wonderful holiday season, honeys!
FOR KARRIE’S PREVIOUS YEARS’ PICKS: 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010