I’m going to get put on the naughty list for saying so, but every year, I look at the gift guides out there for dudes, and every year I scratch my head and wonder: Cufflinks in the shape of guns… hokey plaid everything… and things like soap that smells like charcoal. Are those really what the guys we love want from Santa? Maybe they do… What do I know? I’m a chick, and I love doilies and things that are sparkly. So to make sure this list is on point for you guys, I enlisted the help of my other half (and Elf for the day), Matt. Hey, Sugar!!
Matt’s got snooty impeccable taste in everything, and nearly every gift idea below has been taken for a spin in our house and gotten a serious stamp of approval. Here goes!
1. Donegal Wool Cable Cardigan – Matt cannot get enough of these. Nor can I. DILF sweaters (did I say that out loud?) like this one make *every* guy look a little more handsome. I picture the men who wear them rocking cooing babies by the fire, sipping coffee at the kitchen table, or chopping wood in the front yard. Classic cold weather staple for any guy.
2. Bowl Tickets – Enter the Holy Grail of Christmas Gifts for Guys… especially if they’re lunatics about college football like someone I know, who galloped around the room 18 times screaming last Saturday when Auburn turned Ray Finkle’s missed field goal into touchdown and history-making gold. Even I shed a single tear.
3. Kiehl’s Facial Fuel Energizing Scrub – Matt loves using this to slough off dead skin in between shaves. It’s also apparently “tingly and clean and smells really good.”
4. Moscow Mule Copper Mugs – I dare you to show me a guy who doesn’t wanna drink that delicious vodka / lime juice / ginger beer concoction out of these.
5. Go Pro – These are hi-def (1080p), waterproof, have built-in Wi Fi and are straight up AMAZING. And at under $200, I feel like I’m straight up stealing. If you’re not familiar with GoPro, check out this YouTube video.
6. Marled Socks – Great for wearing under boots, or just lounging around the house.
7. Lululemon Post Gravity Pant – Buy these for him, then steal them every Saturday morning. Everybody wins!
8. McLerran Leather & Flannel Boot – Matt got these earlier this fall, and they look KILLER with everything. Classic with handsome details and a little edge.
9. Clary Sage Candle – you wouldn’t *normally* think to buy candles for the fellas, but this one is earthy and clean. Email email@example.com to purchase.
10. Fit Bit – Definitely stuff yourself silly this Christmas, then after January 1st, wear this all day & all night to track your steps, distance, calories consumed, calories burned, etc.
11. Forage Haberdashery Handkerchiefs – or pocket squares… whatever. Here it is from the horse’s mouth: “I wear my pocket square with my suit after I’ve taken my tie off but still have to meet clients out for dinners. It’s a little more dressed-down, but still kind of a classic cool look.” Personally, I dig that there’s an old school, dapper, gentlemanly quality to them. I loved the ones pictured from Nathan Turner‘s shop in LA. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to purchase.
12. Eco Heather 3/4 Sleeve Raglan Shirt – insanely comfortable (Matt and I both own one) and look H-O-T on dudes. This one comes in a GREAT color combo and is on sale for $20. BANG.
…Need more ideas? Last year’s list is still full of solid picks… especially the Big Green Egg, Ugg slippers, the Arcteryx jacket, and the Maps Rocks Glasses.