I did a curatorial snapshot of the best goodies to hit the blogosphere last October, and it got such a great response from you guys that we decided to make it a monthly feature here at Covet Living. So, behold (!) Here’s how some of my favorite blogettes & magazines kicked off 2011. With a buzzang.
1. Gasp (!) Visions of Paris are dancing in my head. Is it time to go back to Europe yet?
PS – That vintage aqua / mustard color palette running through the photos above makes me want to wear gorgeous pieces like this come spring:
3. This little shot from an old Lonny is zany and totally happy. It would have never occurred to me to “cover up” wallpaper, but I’ve seen it done a lot lately, and the layered look of it is growing on me. PS, Did I just teleport to Nanny’s house in Florida?! If so, I’d love to post up on the aqua sofa in front of the A/C, flick on some Golden Girls, and eat Cheetos and chocolate cake with Nanneroo herself.
4. Ethereal ruffles, billowy fabric, and feminine details everywhere.
5. I love this little papier mache tray that Jenny over at Little Green Notebook made. That girl radiates budget DIY rays of sunshine and goodness.
6. Gorgeous headboards. It makes me wanna Annie-get-my-staple-gun and go bonkers on mine.
Grace Bonney’s Headboard
7. Dreams of warm weather vacations to places with clear blue water and umbrella drinks… (sigh)…
8. Rustic woods + modern touches + creamy backdrops with hints of gold sparkle + green plants for good measure = my JAM.
Amy D Morris Design out of Hot-lanta. Look at the horizontal paneling and the gold sink. Ping! ..and those SCONCES.
Ina Garten’s home via House Beautiful
9. Uh, THIS laundry room that I ran across over at Little Green Notebook. AKA the most beautiful laundry room that anyone has ever seen. Ever.
10. SERIOUSLY digging on all these mosaic cement tile floors.
11. I adore this gorgeous photo I stumbled on here. It reminds me of me and my (more like a sister) cousin Jill… staying up till the wee hours talking on family vacations. We would always trade stories about the stuff that had gone on over the past year, trade scratches, or read aloud to each other, like these vintage floozies are doing.
12. Kitchens and pretty vignettes that felt so warm and cozy, they made me want to roll out my sleeping bag on the tile floor and move in.
13. Walls and furniture steeped in deep sea blue hues… This Mediterranean color is mysterious, rich, velvety and delicious.
These are a little more sparkly Caribbean blue, but I love ‘em just the same.
14. These flawless fashionistas:
15. Love this quote…
…from none other than this lady:
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee (!) Happy February!