Good Mornin! I hope you guys are doing what I’m doing right now: wrapped up in a blanket with a piping hot cup of coffee, a stack of “literature” (otherwise known as design mags – oozie), watching the sun glisten and quietly creep up and dance on everything it touches, and listening to this morning playlist (it’s good, I swear – click the link or the pic below and hit play).
OR, maybe you just had your toddler throw a Lego truck at your head, and your younger nugget is screaming at the sort of pitch that opens garage doors. Which also sounds super fun. Either way – here are a few things I loved this week and wanted to share (click photos for sources!)
1. MAKE THIS FOR DINNER TONIGHT (and serve it with a bottle of Meomi Pinot Noir – $18 at Trader Joe’s)
2. BRASS LANTERNS = EASY HOUSE UPDATE: I saw these bad boys while I was taking a quick spin through West Elm this week after work. They’re super versatile and really good-looking in person. 3 Ways to use ‘em this fall:
(1) Grab 2 bigguns and pop on either side of the mantle (if you don’t have sconces up there) – or you can also put them down on the hearth.
(2) Grab 4 of ‘em (maybe 2 large, 2 small) and sit them out on your graduating front porch steps – like these.
(3) Pop a pair of ‘em on the dining table. If you wanna go super crazy and festive, you can fill the area around the candle with mini gourds – the cream and funky colored ones.
3. TREAT YO’SELF: To this amazing bauble – Vintage Glam Necklace from Majestical Jewelry. People will tell you they love it, then sigh and say, “but it must’ve been $200 from J.Crew… right?” Wrong. It’s under $30 and looks like a million bucks.
4. MOODY MANI: I think I might wanna take this cobalt lacquer for a spin… right? So fun for fall!
5. REMEMBER THESE WORDS, when and if things get tough. They are true. I had a very wise friend tell me earlier this Spring (when my life was in upheaval) that there will always be happy times, and there will also always inevitably be sad times… so knowing that everything is cyclical, the very best thing you can do for yourself is to just try and always be at peace. That made a lotta sense to me.
Have a great weekend!!!