1. I’ve seen and heard some whoppers on this show, but my jaw hit the floor and I think I heard the audible sound of my heart breaking when Ben admitted he’d REALLY loved the girl he was with before, that she hadn’t really loved him back, and that he was scared he was unlovable. That takes a lot of humility and a big man to say out loud. Proof that we’re all human.
2. I will never understand how she looks at Nick and doesn’t see Count Chocula.
3. Bart – I expect better from you! Ya didn’t do me proud bud. We’re not in 7th grade anymore… don’t be a d*ck.
Tangent: Slash remind me to tell you the wacktastic way I size people up… okay I’ll tell you now: I’ve done this for YEARS whenever I can’t quite figure someone out, and it helps me apples-to-apples ’em. I throw an imaginary Burris or CofC volleyball jersey on ’em and I think to myself, “Self – what kind of teammate would this person have been? The naturally gifted but selfish/entitled player who wants all the glory and pouts when they don’t get it? The player who chokes in crunch time? The player who doesn’t work hard in practice but just wants to show up for games? Or are they the team player who bares down and keeps a good attitude when things get tough? Or pumps everybody else up when the score is 0-23 and it would be easier to just fold?” It’s silly but putting someone in the context of an imaginary (adverse/athletic) situation always helps me discern peoples’ character. It’s all fun and games – on the court and in real life – until sh*t gets tough; that’s when true colors emerge and you figure out who people really are. What did Tom Hanks say in A League of Their Own?? (I used this in my Stryker interview, ps… What up Romsey! “It’s supposed to be hard. If it wasn’t hard everyone else would do it. The hard is what makes it great.“)
4. Is it freezing in Ireland, or did she just do a giant 8 ball? I’ve never seen anyone sniffle and touch their nose so much… then again *COUGH* this has been known to go on right under my
roof nose. Pun intended. In any case, some obliging suitor lend this girl a sleeve.
5. Did I miss a doppel? This one’s a bit far-fetched… and maybe it’s because they both kinda look like White Fang. Or maybe it’s because I’m trying to throw Denny’s a bone since I’ve busted his chops all season and he really is a good kid.
6. Darlin don’t use your sleeve! Go grab a $#^@#&-ing Sham-Wow for &$#^’s sake. I’ve been telling you this for WEEKS. Now hand it to Kaitlyn so she can blow her nose.
7. I was sure a bomb was gonna go off on set when Kaitlyn told him she’d let Nick play in her underpants… then for a second I was totally admiring Shawn’s restraint… but in the end I realized that he probably did the equivalent of swallowing a grenade, cuz a blood vessel DEF popped out of his head.
8. Fair point: “you told me I was the one, then (let Nick touch you where you pee)… Why would you jeopardize that?” // Fair answer: “At the end of this, I will never explore another relationship.” I say it’s a tie.
9. She was making a whole lotta sense until she kinda scolded Shawn and told him that he needed to trust her. Uh, not sure you’ve earned that peanut. Pretty sure this was what my face looked like at that moment:
10. Is there a westerly wind permanently blowing his hair into that ‘do? Is the left side of his head a helipad? I don’t get it.
11. But for real – who wrote this speech? Cuz those weren’t her words… it was like watching a 4th grader try to remember her lines in the school play.
12. Timeout timeout: his name is “Jarrod”?? I honestly never knew. Slash, Classiest exit in Bachelor History. What a stand-up guy. I died once last night with Ben H’s “unlovable” bit, but I died again watching Denny’s shed strawberry milkshake tears.
13. You know I hate to give Nick props but that’s a great DILF sweater.
14. I choked on my own verp when I heard Nick say, “…but I’m not sorry for falling in love with you.” -ew, Felicia. He may be charming and he may be able to feed a girl a line, but it’s always coated in such a slimy residue. Kaitlyn doesn’t seem to mind. #hooklineandsinker
15. I’ll give him/them props though – this was REAL cute. They do seem to really be two peas in a pod.
16. Duuuuuude easy on the testosterone. You know Nick’s not my first choice but Shawn didn’t even let the poor guy get a word in edgewise. The only time Nick could’ve possibly interjected was when Sham-Wow paused to purse his DSLs for dramatic effect.
17. Omgomgongomgomg – this is amazing. #canthardlywait
18. Somber side note: this one’s tough to swallow. I saw this movie in the theater with my Mom when I was a kiddo and loved her (didn’t we all??) and her white suede jacket. RIP Cindy Mancini.