I’ve always been a huge sucker for classic white kitchens and bathrooms… the warm, old-fashioned kind you see in movies like Sleepless in Seattle that are chock-fulla white subway tile:
But like I mentioned on Wednesday, I’ve got a new attitude when it comes to tile. It’s popping up everywhere in a kaleidoscope of vibrant colors & intricate patterns that are making me foam at the mouth. Here are a few of my new favorites… look how they completely transform and invigorate each space:
MOSAIC CEMENT TILE FLOORS
Marie Claire Maison via Roseland Greene
IN SOME UNEXPECTED PLACES…
…AND BEHOLD – A CLEVER WAY TO CHEAT:
Are you drooling yet? I’m floored (I know, hardee-har-har) by how much character that even a wee bit of funky tile can inject into a space. Since most of the tiles in this post run about $10/square foot on average, you could get a lotta bang for your buck just doing a fireplace surround, or a small area around a tub (as in the photo above).
1. Lucifer WG 8×8, from Urban Archaeology.
…and this GORGEOUS colorway in the same pattern from Mission Tile West.
2. Maharajah Stripe, from Studium NYC
3. Chisled, from Mosaic House
4. Arabesque in Blue Mist, from Ann Sacks
…and this little mystery guy I ran across on Pinterest. That’s just not helpful, is it?
5. Antique French “Avion”, from Villa Lagoon
6. Lucifer SG 8×8, Mosaic House
8. Connecting Circles, from Urban Archaeology
…which I totally dig in 80’s pastels:
…and while we’re on a curvy note, this Waverly Tile from Studium NYC is lovely:
9. Astra 8×8, from Urban Archaeology
10. Rosa 8×8, from Mosaic House
Going shopping? Try…