1. THIS effortless summer get-up (found here).
Basic tank + fun tropical skirt (those shades are also killer). Perfect for the scorching Arabian-desert-like heat wave we’re having… The only thing that could make this outfit any better is due scoops of gelato. Thinking of sporting something like this to the Pearl Jam concert tonight at Wrigley Field. Yeah gurl. You heard me right! I can’t wait to hop my flight to Chicago later today, and take a trip back to the 7th grade. I hope someone there burns some incense or patchouli.
2. THIS Paleo pizza I made last night.
Well, there are a few shavings of Pecorino Romano on there (c’mahn – didn’t the cavemen churn cheese?), but all-in-all this is full of fresh veggies and was a delight. And gone in 4 minutes. I totally wung this one… is it winged or wung? Bah, whatever. Here’s what I did:
HOMEMADE PALEO PIZZA
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- Dough (1 cup almond flour + 1 egg + 1 TBS olive oil + dash salt – mix thoroughly)… you won’t be able to roll this, because it’ll be too sticky, so scoop the dough onto a non-stick cookie sheet, and work it into a thin round layer using your fingers.
- In a small bowl, toss 1 clove fresh minced garlic + a glug of EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) + mushrooms (I used a small container of wild ones) – then layer that on the dough.
- Sprinkle fresh sliced heirloom tomatoes on (I used about 8 – all I could find ripe in the garden). Sun dried tomatoes would’ve also been lovely.
- Sprinkle a few leaves of fresh basil. I cut these with the scissors (classy), but would’ve chiffonade’d them if I’d had more time.
- Shave a few thin shavings of Pecorino Romano on top… I love Pecorino because it’s got the consistency of parm, but it’s much spicier.
- Drizzle top with a little EVOO, sea salt & fresh ground pepper. Bake 20 minutes.
- Makes 2 servings.
3. THIS quote.
Which is such a good reminder, and of COURSE I got it from our most amazing and inspiring friend, Paria. I know we all have a million things going on and probably a million things we could complain about… but seriously. We can all make things a little better for each other, can’t we?? I think I’ll look at it every morning. Or better yet, hang it on the wall next to the front door and give it a good smack on my way to work every day – à la the Fighting Irish.
4. My Goodwill scores for the week.
Which include MUCH of the colored glass in our dining vitrine (above). AND this dining buffet (below) that was… wait for it… $19. I literally threw myself on top of it when I saw it. This shot shows the gorgeous detail of the doors, but it’s probably 6 ft long. Going to paint the outside cream, and the inside a Tiffany’s-box-aqua color. What do you think??
5. Being featured as a Guest Blogger on Rent the Runway’s lifestyle blog yesterday, and talkin’ all about the makings of a good Stay-cation.
Including a KILLER playlist, some great book recs and our favorite at-home spa secret – among other things. This is the first in what will be bi-monthly posts for them, but we could NOT be more excited. Check it out when you have a chance!
Stay cool this weekend!