Well, wouldja look at that?! Mere minutes after completing our Golden Globes post this weekend, a note popped up in our Comments section to tell us somethin’ pretty cool: Covet Living has been bestowed the honor of the Stylish Blogger Award!
Gracias y merci beaucoup to the lovely, talented Shannon Berrey, an artist and interior designer in Nawth Carolina, who happens to be 6′1″ in heels:
So the award comes with some rules – here’s how it works:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 10 recently discovered great bloggers.
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award!
Mmkay. Sounds easy enough. So herrrrrrrrrrrrre we go!
INTERESTING THINGS ABOUT KARRIE:
1. I have been in two tornadoes. Like, right smack dab in them. The first one was during a softball game in middle school, when our umpire literally got picked up and thrown into the concession stand. The second one was during my brothers’ baseball game.
2. I have a major phobia of balloons – mainly the kind that can pop easily. If I see someone with balloons walking down a sidewalk, I will switch sides.
(Via. PS: Dear future kids, this will never be you)
4. I took DJ lessons for several semesters (they have a school in LA!) and gave myself the moniker DJ Lobo.
5. At my first job post-college, I had to call Sharon Stone frequently and connect her with my boss. Weeks later she started calling me directly on my line. She would leave voicemails, and I would promptly call my mom and Grandma in Indiana and have them listen to the messages and giggle.
6. I once almost killed Steph’s and my other best friend on a jetski. Sorry, Mayleesha.
7. I am having a barefoot beach wedding later this year.
8. I am going curling with co-workers in a small town outside of Munich tonight. WTF.
INTERESTING THINGS ABOUT STEPHANIE:
1. If I chew gum, I have to chew at least 2 pieces at once, so I can blow bubbles. People who know me best know to hand me 2 pieces if I ask for a piece of gum.
2. After college, I nearly moved to the French countryside (Poitiers) to be an Au Pair, but made a last minute decision to stay and play a 5th year of college volleyball. I figured it was my last chance to do the one thing I’d loved all my life, and that I had the rest of my life to travel. And wipe sweet little French childrens’ snotty noses. But I always wonder how my almost-2nd-family is doing, and a huge part of me still aches to live en France someday.
3. I had a close overtime thriller with death and was nearly decapitated in a tubing accident when I was 20. No joke. Luckily, the rope only sliced my neck and beat me upside the head at 30 mph, instead of wrapping around my neck.
4. My mom told me that when I was little, instead of crying when I woke up in the morning, I would stand up in my crib and sing until someone would come get me.
5. I drink about a half gallon of milk every day, and like it best if it’s been in the freezer for about 15 minutes so it’s extra cold and frozen around the edges.
I also still sleep with my binkies.
6. I put buffalo sauce, Tabasco and sriracha on EVERYTHING. Like, the way that the old guy from My Big Fat Greek Wedding squirts everything with Windex.
7. The only recurring dream I ever have is that it’s my wedding day, and I’m about to marry the wrong person. I might be more afraid of settling than anything else.
8. I once won a hot dog eating contest. 12 hot dogs in 20 minutes. BAM.
OUR FAVE NEWLY DISCOVERED BLOGGERS: