Hello! Karrie here… Steph’s currently finishing out her week with her co-workers partying on some lake in the Midwest, because that is what lucky b*tches do, and I’m holding down the fort that is Covet Living. I’m wicked excited about a smattering of things recently discovered, and wanna share. Won’t you join me?
1) First, the new LA restaurant Picca, a Peruvian paradise of sorts.
This type of fare is supposedly the newest sought-after cuisine in LA. If you’re into morsels of marinated beef on skewers, or sweet potatoes with honey and fresh lime…
…or leche de tigre, a Peruvian type of ceviche known as an elixir (trust me; I’ve seen my uncle and Peruvian aunt eat this stuff and act like horny teenagers afterwards) – then you gotta check out this place. 9575 West Pico Blvd, LA, CA 90035. (310) 277-0133
2) One of the best shows on television, which premiered last night:
Seriously, if you haven’t yet watched this show, get on Netflix or go to Target and start watching every episode, starting at Season 1. The cast is so mind numbingly funny; this show’s a true gem.
3) You and Tequila by Kenny Chesney ft. Grace Potter. I dare you not to listen to this song and think happy thoughts about the one you love/the one who makes you batsh*t crazy. Ahhhh….
4) These nails for Fall (because even in this godforsaken town, it’s starting to become a bit more crisp, a bit more seasonal):
6) My new coffee table!: The Safavieh Lahoma Coffee Table, which I found on One Kings Lane. Usually $465, I got it for $229.
7) My new purdy green jeans.
I’ve had some kind of hankerin’ for jeans in multiple colors ever since the trend came out a few months ago. Well, it took me a bit but I finally pulled the trigger.
Annnnnnd last but not least… the thing I’m diggin MOST this week is the best lipstick in the history of lipsticks: Revlon’s Super Lustrous Pearl Lipstick in Fuscia Fusion.
Steph’s had it for a while, but I finally tried it last weekend at my bachelorette party. WOW – the color is SO rich and gorgeous, and stays on for HOURS. Perfect example – the below pic was taken at who knows what time… and it’s still goin’ strong:
Time to start my day, darlings. I hope you have a weekend full of football, mac and cheese and head scratches.